Velaro is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using Velaro websites or products, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Velaro may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you agree with any changes. This policy is effective as of 5/26/2017.
What we collect
When you visit our website, we may collect:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as location, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer support, surveys or other offers.
When you use our products, we may collect:
- User identification information, such as name and contact data.
- Engagement information, such as survey data, chat transcripts and message history.
- Automatic information, such as IP address and computing device details.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- To facilitate the goals of the brands using our products.
- For internal record keeping and billing.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided.
- Occasionally, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize our website or products per your interests and preferences.
- We may provide your information to our third-party partners for marketing or promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information, unless at one point you subscribed to our free service (excludes trial periods).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Cookies also enable us to improve the performance of our messaging products by capturing your preferences. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our websites and products.
Links to other websites
Our website or products may contain links to enable you to visit other websites or third party applications easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites or applications. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and applications and they are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website or application in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
When using our website:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
- You have a right to access the personal information that we maintain about you, and to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, or has been processed in violation of the Privacy Shield Principles, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. You may do so simply by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When using our messaging products:
- When you submit information, and send messages during an engagement session with a brand using one of our messaging products, this data will be encrypted and securely archived. If you do not wish for your information to be archived, you may opt not to submit information.
- You have a right to access the application data that we maintain about you, and may do so simply by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission (as a paying customer) or you use our free service, where applicable by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. We will provide an individual opt-out or opt-in choice before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized.
Velaro is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU or Swiss individuals received pursuant to the Privacy Shield Principles, Velaro is potentially liable.
Privacy Shield Frameworks
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
8 Market Place, Suite 300
Baltimore Maryland 21202
Velaro has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Velaro, please visit the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD web site at http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.