Proactive chat is more than just sitting and waiting for your customers to come to you with problems. It is reaching out to customers before you know there is a need, in order to make sure they know you’re there. Proactive chat is a customer service solution that lets you get personal with your customers.
Proactive Chat – It’s Personal. And it’s Business.
In “The Godfather” and every movie thereafter that refers to it, the quote most often used to excuse poor manners and cutthroat business tactics is, “It’s not personal. It’s business.” In that quote, there is the implication that business is impersonal, that business is only about numbers.
We prefer to side with Meg Ryan in “You’ve Got Mail.” While fighting for the survival of her little book store around the corner from the big box store she reminds us that “business is personal.” It is not just about having the biggest or the most; it is about having a lasting impact that makes you memorable enough that customers want to return. If you want to succeed as a business, you need to make it personal. The numbers back it up, too:
- 86% of consumers quit doing business with a company after receiving what they feel is bad customer service
- 60% of people will spend more to use a company with positive customer service as opposed to one without
Proactive Chat Helps You Anticipate Customer Needs
Did you know by simply participating in a proactive chat conversation, you can increase the likelihood of turning a site surfer into a loyal customer? We have developed tips to help you make proactive chat work for you:
- You can learn more by downloading our white paper.Trigger a chat session at the right time and place
- Don’t over invite
- Customize the chat invitations
- Make it easy to accept or decline a chat invitation
- Properly align your chat objectives and measurements
- Engage online customers with targeted offers
- Minimize the interruption in the shopping experience
- Train your agents in all the skills needed
- Test, test, test and get feedback
Proactive Chat Helps You Personalize Customer Service
Since most customers these days first come to you through your website, you need to have a way to make sure your customer knows how important they are from the minute they arrive. Customer service – good customer service, that is – is the personal side of business. It is the part of business that transforms the consumer from a mere number into an individual, and using proactive chat, converts individual customers into loyal brand cheerleaders. Stay tuned next week as we continue our discussion of proactive chat and delve into key features that make proactive chat effective.